Monday, November 22, 2010

vacation

I am so so excited my family is heading out on our one and only family vacation. my family used to be huge and always got together for a big thanksgiving but when my aunt died she left my grandmother lots of money and my mom's sister took my grandmother and the last time i saw her she was sitting on her bed crying because she wanted to see a select few of us grandchildren that was the outcast in the group. then i never saw her again until i got a phone call telling us that she had died. so ever since it has been just my dad, mom, sister, and me. so we have made a tradition of going to gatlinburg tennesee for the week of thanksgiving but this year it will be different for the first time in several several years. my fiancee wesley is going with us we are getting married in march and my dad has invited him to already join our family and go. so i am even more excited than usual. we have a huge cabin rented with a indoor pool, hot tub, 3 bedrooms, and  a huge kitchen. we always fix our thanksgiving dinner and freeze it to take along with us and cook it on thanksgiving there. also going on with the family and around the farm is we are trying to decide what we really need to plant next year so you farm boys out there chime in and give some of your insight. we always farm soybeans, wheat, watermelons, and butter beans and of course we have cattle, but this year we will be supporting 2 families so we need some more crops involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment