Wednesday, September 8, 2010

blog for the day

well I had the most interesting thing happen Friday to me. I get a phone call from my dad telling me he set our soybeans on fire! I freaked out but he then goes to tell the story of this happen... He bought a new grain cart and he was driving the 8410 John Deere tractor pulling the grain cart and another guy was driving the combine well they was moving the soybeans into the grain cart and was not paying attention and hit a guide wire and it popped a ball of fire into the combine and on to the ground and set the combine and soybeans on fire. they finally got the soybeans put out and checked the combine out after they finished harvesting that field of beans. Everything turned out fine. Guess they now will pay closer attention to where they are going and what is above and below them. lol... other than that there has really been nothing exciting going on the last few days other than school.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness - that got my pulse racing! Those power lines arent anything to play with. So glad it was the combine and beans, and not a person. My 35-year-old cousin was killed working in a Florida orange grove when his backhoe hit an electric line and he made the mistake of stepping off the machine. SAFETY FIRST.

    ReplyDelete